Skip to main content

New City, New Life

My current view -- The Almaden Valley










I've always dreamed of just selling everything and moving somewhere new.  I have ties to France, Italy, Mexico, and even Greece.  I think there is a strong possibility that I will eventually jump ship and head there.

In the meantime, I am so happy to say, I am establishing myself in the Bay Area.  I love the Santa Cruz mountains and the long views of the San Francisco bay.  My new lil ADU rental here is so perfect in so many ways, and I have somebody who is handling the business I left behind.  I'm considering moving onto a houseboat if I can find one that fits my needs.  I have enjoyed houseboat life in the past, and it will be an easy adjustment once I find the place.

My many local friends here really are a boon as well; my network of people has expanded even more in the past year, and I am so grateful for that.  Of course, I'll drop back by the old stomping grounds now and then.  I can't leave my friends to wonder how or what I'm doing!

And, the pull of other places keeps tugging, tugging, tugging..... Glad I am free to pick up and go when the time is right.


** My SOMEDAY view

Comments

Twat said…
Fuck bitch, lost the house, lost your shitty business, now you're living in a rental on somebody's backyard? Even that's too good for you you dumb cunt.
Thanks Dustin A. Dennis, DVM, for this comment. Nobody spews profanity quite like you do. It fully paints the picture of precisely who you are and how much harassing, stalking, and abuse you spew to everybody you encounter. No wonder you lost your job at Loomis Basin Large Animal Vet Clinic. I've deleted your previous ugly comments simply to protect my blog audience (whomever they are) from your abuse but will no longer do so.

Recent Popular Posts

Asshole in the woodpile

This is not a friendly, emotional, or reflective post. Nope.  This is directed at the ASSHOLE stalking my personal blog while all the while thinking that I am writing for YOU.  Imagine the ego. Since you can no longer leave bile-spewing comments on my blog itself, you are now trying to stalk me from WhatsApp, texting me condescending opinions about my life, which you have no other information about. Get over your infatuation with me, and what I am doing, and how I am enjoying my life.  Go find your own life and happiness, and don't concern yourself with me.  I am happy. And, just to be clear, I have enjoyed a number of men since my marriage ended.  I have fallen in love, and I have never looked back.  It has not been hard to meet men who want me.  I can happily say I am still friends with a number of the men I've recently dated.  They are ALL younger than me, some by quite a bit. Only a NARCISSIST would be concerning themselves with my personal li...

Running before the wind

Ayala Cove, at Angel Island I miss the salt air.  I miss hauling all our duffel bags and crates of picnic supplies and extra clothes across the parking lot; down the gangway.  I remember flip-flopping along rickety, briny smelling docks, knowing where the weak spots were and avoiding them, to our beloved sailboat.  I say, "sailboat," though there were many to love through the years. There was the O'Day, which we sailed for one day only.  The O'Day fell from grace before it could be christened when, on the open ocean, just outside the Santa Cruz harbor, we smacked off a wave that opened a large hidden crack in the hull.  My father, calm as a cucumber even in the face of a nearly three-foot long crack in the hull of the boat, crawled in the open cabin, took a look, and stoically turned for the harbor.  Once the O'Day was returned, my father chose an Aurora, which was a sweet little boat of about 20 feet.  My father liked that he'd found a boat h...

Confidential

  Note: This post was put up at the same time as the one entitled, "Girlfriends Happy Hour."  They are two interesting experiences both on the topic of friendship and trust and connection. Confidential I'm still getting lessons in how to rate relationships. I'm still trusting a relationship to be more of a friendship than it sometimes is. And that's okay. I recognize it as an opportunity for growth and to not only learn from the experience but to learn about myself. It's good to keep discovering things about oneself at every age, I think. Sometimes though what I do is I give a friend or a group of friends a little bit of power in my life by sharing a confidence that I don't share with just everybody. And I did that recently. Not so much as a gesture of friendship but out of a need to unburden a truth that was holding me back in a group of women. I knew that it could be received in so many different ways and I asked their permission before I shared, request...

Farewell Bill Dailey

Bill Dailey, a beloved supporting actor from two shows from the 1960's and 1970's, passed away a few days ago.  He was 91.  I remember him in his roles as both Major Healy from the show "I Dream of Jeannie" and as airline navigator Howard Borden in "The Bob Newhart Show." When a public figure passes, we hear of it, and think back to the things in our own minds or lives that trigger any sort of memory, feeling, recognition, etc.  I find that I feel sad when I hear of one of these public figures passing.  They came into my home nearly every day of my childhood.  They made me laugh, perhaps even inspired me to retell their silliness to friends or at the dinner table. What eventually happens is that as I follow my daydreams back to those childhood moments, I'm back in our play room in our house in Portola Valley.  I'm feeling the rough loops of the budget indoor-outdoor carpet that I'm sure my father chose for that room because it was ...