Skip to main content

A Plug For My Dad--check out this BOOK!

(the title line above is a link that will open a window to my Father's book site on Amazon)


My Dad! My Dad! I want to tell the world about my amazing father! The link given here is a long one, yes, but bear with me.

My father, Alan Holmes, is a published author. His writing is wonderful, colorful, and heart-felt in a way that is seldom seen. His memoirs of growing up in the northern provinces of France--just as World War II is approaching on quiet feet-- are whimsical, and amazingly rich with detail.

If historical novels are of any interest to you, his book "In the Moon" [subtitled "Dans La Lune"] will touch your heart and leave you hoping for the speedy delivery of my father's further memoirs. He promises to keep working. Alan's book is published through Xlibris Books, and can be found on Amazon and other book sites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo: "Nikki & Joy Caroling"

This more recent photo of me with Joy is from the office Christmas photo this past Christmas (2004). We had three dogs total in the picture. I cropped everybody else out so I could get a close up, but this picture was awesome! We were all caroling in front of the court house in Auburn.

New Start

Ok, I'm starting off with light, silly stuff. Or, I did. My first post on this blog was a poem I wrote in 1989, when I'd just met the man who would become my husband. Hah! I've not seen him since 1992, and I had not looked at that poem in years, either, but I do like the poem. Life changed for me recently, for the better. I closed the book on a long, drawn-out struggle with "the ex" as I refer to him, which makes people think we were married, though we never were. We were together for nearly eight years, however. Parting was not a sweet sorrow. It was, in fact, neither sweet, nor a sorrow. I left behind a lot of relationships with both people and animals I loved. Not because I wanted to, but because those were the limitations set forth. All in a day, things were.. over . Believe me, I'd like to rant and rave here about the victimizations he perpetrated. But, I am not going to slouch into that same state in which he exists. I won't. I will say

I will remember

  I will remember you.  All the things that lead us   To that moment in my life That broke old shackles;   That started new patterns; That awoke the sleeping wolf. We do not need promises. Your gift to me was that moment. Your gift to me was  everything that led to that moment. I look at you and feel alive,    In a way I had been dead for years. You show me who you are,   I know this. I know our moment   was just that; a moment. And just as I have left   men with moments In my younger years,   I hold on to ours, now. You unchained the wolf. And she walks free, and proud, and ready. -- Nico Holmes