Skip to main content

Life in the dark

We’re in the beginning stages of round two of the PG&E power outages for the Northern California area.

While I fully and whole-heartedly believe the planned outages are a bullying move by a conglomerate grown too large and bloated, I also believe that I live in a community that can take the strong-arming and come out the victors, because we band together.

I’m lying here in our bedroom, on the second “first night” of outages...meaning the second round and the first night of the second round.  I think that PG&E wants to see us on our knees; they want to see us begging not to make this our “business as usual.”  If this were our usual, I’d be ok.  We would be ok.  But the fact that it comes from a big fat conglomerate that wants to shove it down our throats makes it FAR LESS PALATABLE,

I want to say FUCK YOU, PG&E!  I mean, I can’t.  This is what we are all coping with together.  And, THAT is what PG&E didn’t get.  A community suffering.  We will pull together,  We will push on.  We are one, but we are one of the many, and those many are also ONE!

ALL of the communities you bully and deprive of power, PG&E, EVERY ONE OF US....We are now your worst nemesis; your enemy; your nightmare,  We may lack numbers or strength in the fight over this NOW, but you will see us again.  We are your life blood... we are your customers... we are the reason you exist, and you exist to serve us.

The dark.

The dark is the emblem of this struggle.  We came from the dark decades ago when we grew into a nation with power, stregth, and the ability to care fo our people.  We came from the darkness of poverty; of ignorance... and we arose to a nation with the ability to EASILY provide comfort to our citizens...

If life in some darkness is the compromise, we can accept and adapt long term.  But is it?  Or, are we becoming the fabled country of lessened personal freedoms?

It seems that it’s time for us to see that the conglomerate is broken for good; torn apart; destroyed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo: "Nikki & Joy Caroling"

This more recent photo of me with Joy is from the office Christmas photo this past Christmas (2004). We had three dogs total in the picture. I cropped everybody else out so I could get a close up, but this picture was awesome! We were all caroling in front of the court house in Auburn.

New Start

Ok, I'm starting off with light, silly stuff. Or, I did. My first post on this blog was a poem I wrote in 1989, when I'd just met the man who would become my husband. Hah! I've not seen him since 1992, and I had not looked at that poem in years, either, but I do like the poem. Life changed for me recently, for the better. I closed the book on a long, drawn-out struggle with "the ex" as I refer to him, which makes people think we were married, though we never were. We were together for nearly eight years, however. Parting was not a sweet sorrow. It was, in fact, neither sweet, nor a sorrow. I left behind a lot of relationships with both people and animals I loved. Not because I wanted to, but because those were the limitations set forth. All in a day, things were.. over . Believe me, I'd like to rant and rave here about the victimizations he perpetrated. But, I am not going to slouch into that same state in which he exists. I won't. I will say

I will remember

  I will remember you.  All the things that lead us   To that moment in my life That broke old shackles;   That started new patterns; That awoke the sleeping wolf. We do not need promises. Your gift to me was that moment. Your gift to me was  everything that led to that moment. I look at you and feel alive,    In a way I had been dead for years. You show me who you are,   I know this. I know our moment   was just that; a moment. And just as I have left   men with moments In my younger years,   I hold on to ours, now. You unchained the wolf. And she walks free, and proud, and ready. -- Nico Holmes